Feeling a bit anxious, flat or irritable?
Always feel like you have a million things on your mind?
Is your To-Do list getting longer and longer?
Struggling to stay on task or not as productive as you used to be?
Finding things all a bit too hard?
Getting snappy or teary, or realising that your fuse is getting shorter?
Our lives are busy and whilst we can get pretty good at multi-tasking, sometimes the sheer volume of ‘stuff’ we need to do or the intensity in which it presents in our lives can leave us feeling a little bit frazzled and overwhelmed.
Naturopathy uses a combination of dietary changes, herbal medicine and nutritional supplementation to support your body and help calm your stress levels, leaving you feeling energised and back in control.
Because we are all different, the impacts of stress can be felt in a number of ways. Some of the common signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and out of control – you just don’t know where to start.
- Low mood, feeling anxious or maybe even a little depressed.
- Lots of mental chatter – there is always something racing through your mind (even at 3am in the morning)
- Disturbed sleep – you can find it difficult to fall to sleep or can’t stay asleep
- Digestive disturbances and alteration in your bowel habits – you might have diarrhoea one day and then constipation the next.
- Headaches or tight muscles
- Skin conditions flair up
- Food cravings – particularly for sugar (chocolate, biscuits, lollies, cake), salt (chips, crackers, pizza), fatty foods (fried foods, cheese, take away’s) or ‘drugs’ (eg: alcohol, cigarettes, coffee/caffeine).
Stress plays a big part in the way we live our modern lives and the truth of the matter is, it’s probably always going to be there. The trick though, is learning how to manage your stress without causing more stress in the process!
How a Naturopath can help
In your naturopathic consultation, Rebecca will work with you to address your stress using her simple formula that will be tailored to your specific needs.
Nourish your body
- When you’re stressed, it’s easy to slip into eating for convenience rather than nourishment (breakfast on the run, lunch at your desk, take away for dinner). Our bodies are like high performance vehicles – and, they don’t like it when you try and run them on cheap fuel!
- Rebecca draws on her years of experience as a naturopath to create a program that is delicious, convenient and nourishing (and don’t worry, you won’t go hungry or feel like you are living on rabbit food!) She has a number of tips and tricks for quick healthy meals and will support you through the whole process.
Create balance, don’t aim for perfection
- Life is all about balance, which can sometimes, be easier said than done. We can often stress ourselves out more by setting unrealistic expectations that are neither practical nor achievable.
- When you work with naturopath Rebecca, she will help you come up with a plan that allows you to get organised and deal with things one step at a time.
Sort the facts from the fiction
- One of the contributors to our rising stress levels is that we worry and stress about things that are either out of our control, haven’t even happened yet or actually aren’t as bad as we make them out to be. We create lots of stories in our mind about how we think the situation is going to play out and then work ourselves up based on something that isn’t actually real.
- Effective stress management not only comes by helping your body deal with the stress and preparing it for what is to come, but also getting super clear on what you can control and the things you can’t.
- From here, our naturopath Rebecca will work with you to look at how you can start changing your behaviours and modify your lifestyle so that you start calling the shots in your life, rather than just reacting to all the things around you.
Got a question or ready to book your appointment with a naturopath? Get in touch with Rebecca today!